I Only Want The Wrong


I’m supposed to like a certain type of guy. I have constructed this ideal man in my journal who shapes my taste in guys. He differentiates the right guys from the totally wrong ones. But if you’re an avid reader of my seemly hopeless love life, you’d have notice that it’s a rollercoaster ride of emotions that I keep putting myself in. I don’t talk much about my past relationships with my other half, but once we stumble upon that conversation, he excitedly leans in telling me “Your love life is so interesting”!

How interesting it is where you only have the groom sit in your house the day before and after his wedding day? Rather I find it a sad situation, where loyalty doesn’t even define relationships this day. I guess this is why I never want to put myself into a relationship long before that. I’m still an active participant of the casual dating scene, it’s not something I try to hide. I’d like to think that I’m in the process of finding my other half as narrate in my journal.

The truth is the right one has come and go too many times and I’m just not emotionally ready to let myself commit all over again. I give myself excuses saying that I’m going to leave the country one day. I set my sights on the future that I often forget to live in the present which can sometimes be shitty, but that’s just where I’m at in life. In theory, I should have accepted all the guys that is trying to win me over, they all provide me with more attention than I couldn't give back in this lifetime. But I didn’t.   

Rather I go after the toxic, the emotionally unavailable, the weird ones. One day we could be texting and the next time you know it would be the following month. I would receive random invites to grab drinks for which I would deny time and time again. Yet his weirdness and lack of emotions made me wonder why I felt a connection. In more ways than one, he was the wrong guy. I couldn’t explain the connection, but I like it that way. I like the wrong guy; the no commitment and I am totally OK with it.

I won’t ask someone to pick up my pieces, but that’s the sad reality that I can’t change in me. It isn’t because I can’t accept the good guy, it might be because I’m the wrong girl to be gifted the good guy.