The War

I am always using my anxiety as a reason not to let someone come too close to me. If I felt like someone is trying to fall into a comfortable routine of me, I would automatically distant myself and hide back into my shell. I can’t go on that date because I need to go to work. I can’t make time for movie date because I need to go to work. I can’t hangout with you because I need to go to work.

It may be weird to have felt hot and cold from me because one day I could be talking to you a lot and other time I would be ignoring all the messages in my phone when the world closes on me. I don’t function well under stress; I need people to keep 6-feet apart from me when I signal them “I have to go to work”. It’s my comfort space, it’s where I can hide from the world without needing to explain myself further.

I don’t want to go out and meet my friends, I don’t want to schedule time to meet up with another human being. The longer I stay in, the longer I find comfort with isolating from the world. I stop scrolling through Facebook where everyone is living on with a mask on, pretending to be their best self. I am tired of putting on that smile and pretend I have it all together. Because the longer I am trying to hold it together, the more discomfort I get.

So, I am just going to hide back inside my shell until I feel all better about myself and the world. Or maybe I should never get out from it to avoid any casualties.