I Cannot Stop Running

I’ve always wanted to run away from my life, at twenty me and my best friend would talk about running away to some place Far Far Away, and we found ourselves in Singapore Universal Studios, Far Far Away. It still cracks me up until today on how we give our command to the universe. Yet even after more than a decade of adulthood, I’m still tired of living in my world. I’m still tired of feeling this way, and I wish I could buy a one-way ticket to anywhere and never return.

I don’t know what I am not happy about anymore, the only response I have is “nothing”. There’s no way of explaining that my heart races uncontrollably to catch up to my racing thoughts. There’s no way of explaining that I feel things too intensely. There’s no way of explaining that it’s out of my control. There’s no way of explaining that I’ve basically lived my entire life as an imposter who has never felt understood. I’m tired of holding on to this feeling. I’m tired of dealing with my anxiety.

I have a good life, in fact I have a great life. I beat myself up every night for feeling this way. I try to keep a positive energy by throwing myself into as many social functions as I can, and I hide my brokenness by looking as carefree as I can. Then I go home, lock inside my room and feel sad again. I thought the pandemic has taught me to stop running, but it just seems like a disease that cannot be cure.