I Need More Than Your Arms Around Me


I like the way he hold me, but deep down I was scared. Terrified that again that I would be left alone in the dark. The way he tries to held me so close yet I always try to push him away for cuddling a little too close. But he tried again, over and over again to get me back into his arms. He tries to convinced me to come closer, to have his skin touched against mine, and our hands intertwined. 

He put his arms around me, above my hips, below my ribs, around my waist, close enough to my heart yet not close enough to my heart. The sound of the rain, the thunderstorm from the windows, he dim the lights, trying to convince me to get close to him all over again. I was terrified, he has always been so close to start my feelings all over again. 

But his words circle around my thoughts the entire night, the feeling of him whispering by my ear, I felt his arm squeeze tighter into me, closer, I wanted to feel him all over again. I need him to hold me, not with his arms, but to hold me with his heart. I lay restless in bed, questioning myself, why do I always let him run his fingers over me. What I want is someone that could hold me with his heart and not only his arms.