Soul Discovery

When I started meditation recently, a lot of my feelings from the past have resurface in my mind. I had always wonder where my heart is after giving up on love a long time ago. I never understood why my heart never learn to trust again and/or why I could never let myself be vulnerable to another human being.

On one of the occasions, I find my mind floating into a very dark space with no light, and as I took the steps down, like walking to a basement, I find a beating heart sitting in the dark all alone, as I walk up to it, I felt a weakling heartbeat from the wound that hasn’t heal or an ugly scar that wasn’t attended to in time. I silently patted the heart and whisper “I’m sorry”. I suddenly recall the quote my fingers wrote in my journal; My broken pieces are lying in the basement of my abandoned heart. No one lives there now, not even I.

The other time, I close my eyes and I felt a different kind of darkness from the usual. It was especially dark that I felt like I’m in a different world each time I closes my eyes. I felt the storm fogging up the mind as I find myself sitting by the riverbank feeling the comfortness of the thunderstorm raging over the place, like a hurricane or a tornado. I did not run or hide, I just lay there and let the rain pour over me. I recall the time when I quote, I am a raging storm that’s temporary put on hold and I am pieces with sharp edges and I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible.

And then I am slowly understanding that my words reflect my reality. And it has shown me answers that I have been looking for all along if I just have to look deeper into my soul and read in between the lines.