Aromantic

I’ve always known that I ain’t sunset, walks in the park, romantic candlelight dinner kind of girl, and it was until I actually experienced all of these just verifies more on how much I wasn’t that girl. I have been so accustomed to being alone that accommodating another human being is difficult for me. I remember attending a course where I’m required to write down my End Goals in life and it is being split towards Experience, Growth and Contribution, none of the categories was filled with love and relationship.

I never understood why I never felt comfortable being the weak one, to say flattering things. I never understood why I felt the effort of every single guy who has been trying, but it just felt like shit. My heart craves for the toxic one, where I know the story leads me to nowhere. I try too hard to let down my guard, but I just want to withdraw from the story each time. I asked myself if I was afraid of commitment. But I just didn’t like it when people relied on me because I wanted to stay free. And that feeling went both ways, I didn’t want to rely on anyone else too.

I want to always take my car keys and just drive to anywhere without making plans with another human being. I hate it most when I have to answer what I did throughout the day, I am a walking human being who has a life of its own, why couldn’t they find theirs? I question myself over and again if I am a heartless sociopath or just an aromantic, a person who has no interest in or desire for romantic relationships. I guess I’m still figuring out in this lifetime.