I'm dead inside

Last month a friend texted me telling me he was positive with Covid after seeing me. Well, I ignored it because I’m dead inside anyway. It turns out everyone else including my family, my co-workers and even my aunt who came and visit was perfectly healthy. Every night for that particular week, I minimize contact with everyone, and for the rest of the month, I hibernated at home, rejecting every social activity. I just couldn’t take in the fact that I was sick, I acted like I was fine, but the truth was, I couldn’t eat, talk, and even sleep.

For some ridiculous reason, vulnerable never defines me. I know I’m dead inside, therefore it’s not cool to admit that I’m being defeated, and I never like all the small talk about how are you, are you feeling all better? It’s just not me when I have to admit that I am in pain because even when I’m in pain, I swallow it inside of me and learn to live with it. I am so afraid of letting someone see the cracks and bruises. I am afraid to let someone see the brokenness that I’ve hid so well inside of me.  

I tell myself each time I have learn to heal, let go and move on. But when the darkest night hit, I am still that raging storm destroying everything I touch. I am the raging storm screaming in pain but never allowing anyone close to calm my soul. I am that broken pieces that’s not willing to be picked up.