Forever is Too Short a Time


I stood at the crossroad for a long time, waiting for you to gather all your courage, waiting for me to calm my messy heart. You came in like a tsunami, making a mess in my heart. You brought earthquakes to my heart, breaking down the walls I’ve built over the years. There is no way that both of us could cross path, the storms were still above my head when we first met, I remember asking you to stand under the umbrella while we picked a place to eat.

I still remember hearing your heartbeat after you took my hand, yet I felt a sudden calm from the chaos that had been swirling around me for a long time. I don’t know where our journey may take us next, and you reminded me that 60 years is a very short time, we shouldn’t waste our time living in fear. He’s right because it’s the first time I felt forever is too short of a time. Every day I just pray that I can tame the demon inside of me, I remind myself that evil queens are the princesses that were never loved.

My FengShui master told me the morning before you took my hand, loving him means I’m going to love him more that he loves me. I hope what she says is true. I hope I can continue to remind you to stay optimistic in life and help you find the tiny rays of light that are always there if you seek them. I hope you learn to love yourself more, to stay true to yourself, no matter what happens around you, just like how your love inspires me to be the best version of myself.

I won’t say you make me happy, but you did make me happier each day. I hope this time both of us can stick around for a long time. Thank you for gathering all your courage to hold me.