I’m Difficult To Love

I’ve forgotten when anxiety has started taking over my life. I often feel like I don’t deserve to be gifted a human being close to me. It’s easier to ignore my darkness when no one else knows what’s really going on. As soon as I start developing feelings, the question arises: how much can I share? What did I just put myself into?

I’ve spent a huge chunk of my twenties being selfish with my time and all the aspects of me. What I’m learning about relationships is that no matter how much work I do alone, it’s not teaching me how to deal with other human beings. I’m naturally a bit of a loner. However, each time I get into a relationship, the monsters that I tame inside of me want to come out to play and screw it all up. My anxiety whispers insidious thoughts of doubt and worthlessness into my brain.

I let myself drown in my own thoughts hoping that the storm will pass soon. I know that I’m not guaranteed the love of others and that I have to be strong within myself in order to move through this life and keep my sanity. I want to be able to love and be loved without fear or insecurity. I want to feel good enough about myself to maintain that sense of security when he walks into my life. I pray that the storm will not ruin anything each time, I pray that it doesn’t cause any casualties.

I want to love, but my demons keeps whispering at the back of my mind, telling me I will never make it right in this lifetime.