Thanks for being my Key

Being with you is like a sudden calm from the chaos that has been swirling around me for a long time. I can still hear the thunderstorm outside my door, I am still surrounded by the demons I have befriended for a long time. Yet every night I wonder what you’re made of, you’re able to brace through the thunderstorm and find your way into my heart, you do not even have to fight the demons who have continuously exhausted me, hollow me out and let me feel like I was hard to love. You’re like the fire that’s missing from me.

All my life, I never felt that I needed to be in someone’s arms to feel safe, I never knew that being close to a human being could give me a sudden calm. And for a very long time I have felt peace inside of my battling heart. He walks into my heart like he had the keys to my padlock heart. There is no fumbling through the pockets trying to find the right way in. There is no desperately reaching into the bag trying to uncover the point of access. He walks over softly, with a relief that washes over me.

Each time he held on to me it just felt like an earthquake is shaking inside of me, and I think if he hugs me long enough the little girl that has been hiding inside the dark would just burst into tears. But when is a monster not a monster? Oh, when you love it. As long as you hold my heart, I can conquer the demons, climb the highest mountains and swim through the deepest ocean.