Too Much

Sometimes I find it hard being the girl who feels too much, thinks too much. In a world where logic trumps feelings, it’s a constant battle to either quiet those feelings or scare people away. I do it all the time – to hide my heart away, thinking that this is the best way to shield the heart.

I feel I love you but say that’s great. I acted cool and put up the façade hoping that it wouldn’t be demolished anytime soon. I feel I miss you, but my fingers say I’m busy. I act like I do not know what’s going on, but my six sense knows better than anyone. I feel I need you, but I tell him that city girls are built to fight battles ourselves. We are strong and we are built to be our own knight in shining armor.

I thought that being numb from feelings has given me a great excuse not to face my own fears and anxiety. Yet I knew all these times that I was a big part of the problem. I play into the idea of numbness but all it brings is coldness. I never understood how people could be unapologetic to themselves, that they can hand out their hearts with every interaction, without fear.

I always knew I’m the girl who feels too much. I want to finally learn what vulnerability is, that vulnerability isn’t weak, that it’s okay to think with my heart. I remind myself that the beautiful thing about love is that I make my own rules – it’s not possible to do it wrong, as long I’m being honest with myself. But I also believe that there’s someone outside just like me, except a little bit taller, a little bit bolder, a little bit more courageous.