Thank You For Choosing Me

I had convinced myself that I could live and survive in this world without a significant other, those words can be found all over my writings. I told myself I was capable of making myself happy. I especially thought that I have been numb from feelings and that is how I am destined to be until the end of time. I have always distant myself from love, from letting someone close to me, to let someone into my life. Then you came in like a tsunami.

Ever since you invaded my mind, every cell of mine wants you. The sound of your voice encourages me to show my vulnerability, and to let you in. And even though it has been almost half a year now, I’m still clueless on how we end up here. I’m still questioning on your ability to light a fire in my cold, dysfunctional heart. I wonder if you were the key to my padlock heart, or you are just talented at handling someone with a heavy baggage. Either way, I just want you to keep holding me.

I don’t only crave for you when I have a long day, I crave for you every single day. I want to roll into your arms every night and I want your little kiss sneaking up on me before I can open my eyes every morning. I still live with anxiety, but I’ve seen the demons fading away into the dark after you pull me close into your chest. And the more you held on to me, the more I fall deeper into you. I can’t predict what’s going to happen in the near future, but I’m certain that I’m grateful that you walked into my life.