The Demons

 

Last week I’ve had a panic attack after a little hiccups every now and then life has thrown on me. Am I having a dejavu from my past relationship, I panicked. Why are all the incidents so similar to the past? I tried to keep up the optimistic in life, solving one thing after another but it just felt like I am drowning in a tsunami where I continuously try to find my breath. And at night, I am haunted by the demons in my sleep reminding how I am never good enough for him.

I used to run away when the demons came close to me, sometimes I fight against it and find my way to the happy side. It’s warm there, like I’m in a safe arms. But the warmth is just enough, comforting even. As I wander through it, I slowly realize I’m at the end where I am being reminded the exact cycle when I get into a relationship. I stroll through them, trying to find myself a different route. It’s quiet and dark all over again, yet there’s a sense of calm and peace looking at the storm.

There’s a heat stroke happening outside the world, yet it always seemed to rain in this part of my mind. I never try to hide from the storm though, I just let the storm rained past it. I walk once again, that’s when I hear the demons whispering at me all over again. I look into the mirror and the reflection of my face shocks me, I don’t like the person staring back at me. I usually start hiding until I feel like myself again, but no.

Even though I felt the hole in my heart that night, I continued to dig deeper. I cannot let myself live in fear my entire lives, I need to learn to let someone close to me all over again, I whisper to myself. I don’t like the feeling of being vulnerable, it’s like suddenly losing control over myself. Why does he have so much control over my emotions, I don’t like it. That’s the demons that mumble around me. But before I can even stand up and fight, there were his arms pulling me close to him.

I guess you are stronger than my demons.