Silent Voice

 

Living with anxiety is like being followed by a voice. It knows all your insecurities and uses them against you. I’ve been stumbling a-lot for the past few weeks, but it just seems like whatever I do, I lose control over the thoughts in my own mind, the world is closing on me and my mind tricks me into believing everything’s so wrong. I keep convincing myself on how far I’ve come, and how proud I should be for achieving much more in life than I could think of. Yet my mind is able to throw me off the building and push me back into darkness.

I never allow this voice to get outside of my head, I don’t want the unnecessary attention, the overwhelming care, and the need to put these feelings into words to explain why I feel this way. I was never hard on myself, I don’t stress myself out or thought the worst of every situation, but I never understood how I ended here. I sometimes think I’m a joke myself, where my friends come to me to calm their insecurities, to rearrange their thoughts, yet I am living on the edge every day.

I guess I underestimated what anxiety really is. I can yell shut up at the voices a few times throughout the day to make up the scenarios that will never happen; then it haunts me in my sleep. It digs out the things that I will never speak about, it digs out the tears that will never make it out of my eyes and makes me breathless. Yet I whisper to myself, every day I wake up, I win at life. I put on that mask and get shit done.