The Demon-Haunted World

 

Last night I dreamt about a slow death, where I woke up in the middle of the night all freaked out and my heartbeat raising up on me. I wanted to hide underneath the blanket and just eat it up myself, but I turned to the other side of the bed and there he was, sleeping so soundly. My unconscious mind whispered to move closer and let him hold onto me, hoping it would calm those raging heartbeats, yet I couldn’t wake him up.

I couldn’t let myself fall back to sleep, how could I? I never knew if the demons were going to haunt me again. I think about the conversation we had before we fell asleep. I was disappointed on how careless he is about my mental health. I think about vulnerability, what’s vulnerable? Saying what you want and saying what you don’t want? He talked about his dream wedding and where he hopes it could be held. And he asked about mine. It’s amazing how hard it is to say what we want and what we don’t want – especially for women.  

I looked up the meaning behind those haunted images, it defines in a way that I need to reevaluate my life and the decisions that I’m making. I may be going on the wrong path. Alternatively, it could also mean I have a limited time to respond or to do something. It’s hard for me to let someone deep inside of me, sharing my fears and dreams. And as soon as the sunrises, I put on that mask and pretended that none of this has been bothering me.