I'm Always going to be Terrified

 

There are simply so many weddings to attend this year since the pandemic has lifted. It just feels like everyone around is just celebrating about their love. Every few months I either get a wedding invitation and/or birthday celebration for their kid. Don’t get me wrong, I love celebrating love, witnessing new couples walking into a new stage of life together. Yet even how I continue to mask myself with love and positivity everywhere I go, I am terrified of love. I’ve always been.

I am terrified of letting myself be vulnerable; for someone to truly know my thoughts and in turn holds the key to push me back into darkness. I am terrified of letting myself feel; of letting my heart get in the way of my head. I am terrified of not being able to be in control of myself; to let down the walls I have so carefully constructed over the years. I am afraid of falling into a boring cycle of life and to truly live a meaningful life.

I am terrified that my priorities are no longer mine, that I will curse myself for allowing myself to fall but ending falling too hard and too far down without anyone catching me at the bottom. Even though it felt good to be able to feel again, I am still terrified. I am terrified that someone would accidentally open up the wounds that’s still bleeding over the years. I am terrified about losing control about myself. I am terrified about the big things and the little things. I am terrified of love.

Yet every day I remind myself not to think about tomorrow, for each day has enough trouble of its own.