What If We Stay?

I’m afraid to love, but I’ve been loving you since. I don’t have much to give yet when I love, I sometimes forget to love myself. My lips will never run the words, but my action will show you all the time. I’m sure you will give in your ways too, and I won’t say that your love for me is any less. I don’t love you any less, I’m just afraid to love because I don’t want to need you. I’m afraid to love because I know you’re so worth it, and what if I’m not?

I’m afraid to love. I know what’s hidden underneath the mask and I’m not quite ready to let someone into the dark. I’ve spent so much of my life being alone that I’ve rebuild myself to be strong, independent and not reliance to another human being. I know you won’t find another out there like me too. You’d search for me in all the faces, hearts, and souls that you’d meet. Yet I’m always swinging between giving in to everything I had or swallowing the words inside of me, because what if I’m not everything that I was when I met you?

Then, I remember. My subconscious made the decisions for me. It slaps me on my face and says What if he stays? What if I stay? This is by far the furthest I have ventured in a relationship.