To leave or not to leave

 

I want to find back my happiness. I wish I could go back to my twenties and continue being that carefree girl who would just pack her bags and travel the world. I don’t know where I can find my happiness again, but I know it’s definitely not going to be in this place. And this time I do not want to just leave, come back and do everything all over again. I am not sure if I’m ready to leave everything behind, because now that I’m older and not as carefree as my younger self, but still, I owe it to myself for a long time.  

I promised my younger self that I would take care of myself better, I would learn to love myself more, I would learn to put myself as my own priority over others. Every year when I set out my resolutions, I remind myself that it’s okay if we do not achieve anything as long as we make it through the year without breaking anything apart. Yet, every year I destroy myself in more ways than I can see. I never listen to my heart; I never look after my mental health, and I mask them all underneath a smile.

But what can I say, life is a bitch, the universe always want you to have a goal and a plan so that it can play you out, turn your life upside down and tells you how these shitty moments have made you tough, that these shitty moment are what shape you to who you are. I’ve always wanted to leave yet the thought of living without you is paralyzing.