Your Presence is Therapeutic

 

Putting up the mask is a hidden lifestyle, like a demon lingering at the corner of my mind. I usually fake a smile and push it off as it’s just nothing, where the truth is, I keep fighting.

Recently my insomnia has started to get bad again, I constantly have nightmares and panic attacks that eats me up inside out. I’ve always been fighting my demons throughout my adulthood, but I never let anyone know about it, I hide my problems behind fake smiles and laughter. I’ve mastered the art of being okay, but the truth is, I have been killing so many people inside my own head. This is why I avoid social interaction as much as I possibly can, I’m like an active volcano that might erupt anytime.

But you are my best remedy. I realize that being with you is my best form of healing. I find that your hugs are therapeutic for my soul. Even though you don’t know what’s hidden behind the smile, even though you don’t know the message that my health has been signaling, even though you don’t know how many times I wake up in the middle of the night, being with you makes me feel safe. It’s safe to know that you are not aware of what’s hidden underneath, it’s safe to know that he’s not sensitive to feel the anxiousness over a conversation he raised.

I do not intentionally want to hide myself, but it just seems so impossible to describe and come to terms with myself. And most importantly, I don’t want others to get tangled in the mess of my life. But it’s okay, cause all I need is your presence to calm the demons inside of me.