I am not in a hurry


I am not in a hurry. Not yesterday, not today, not tomorrow. Our society standards tend to rush us into things, get your degree certificate, get your masters, get a boyfriend, get marry, have kids, register your kids school, prepare them for extra classes, get them into university and the never-ending cycle continues on to the next generation and next. Always rushing, always in a hurry, almost like everything will go down the drain if it's not done according to the society's timeline.

And maybe I was raised differently to want a different path. It isn't that I do not want to get marry in this lifetime, I never took off the possibilities that if I met someone who I can spend the rest of my life with, I might consider walking into marriage. But I'm not rushing to date, I'm not rushing to get to know someone, because I want to truly know the habits, the lifestyle, the hobbies, the mindset, before I settle in with someone. 

Life isn't a storybook, our story doesn't end with they lived happily ever after. Because heck, happily ever after is a lot of work and effort, is paying the bills, it's probably about raising kids, it's all the little unhygienic we have to tolerate all the time. Love can be beautiful, yet reality is always a slap in the face. Marriage tentatively means becoming one, it means I can't do anything without consulting the man I share a bed. I am already sometimes tired of needing to look back on a human being, I'm not ready to lose my freedom, just yet. 

The society is telling me I have a clock ticking inside of me, that I should have kids as young as I could. But not getting it right then having kids is not what I want. I am not the kind of girl that can twist and tolerate along the way. I don't know whether I can still have kids after 35, but maybe my womb is a late bloomer like me; what I'm trying to say is that if I'm  meant to have kids in this lifetime, it's coming to me somehow or rather. But right now, I'm just focusing on the right moment. 

All in all, I'm not in a hurry, the society is! Just know that we all have our own timeline, and that if a guy isn't ready, he won't propose, no matter how awesome I am. If a girl is not ready, she won't let her guard down for any man. Here's to great blessing for a New Year ahead, I'm not in a hurry, so should the society.