I love you, but I can't wait forever

 

I love you; I always have. You don’t know about this, but I think about you every day. Literally, every.day even before we got together. I don’t know what it is about you, your effort has been nothing compared to all my ex-es from my previous relationships, yet I let you walk all over me. I can’t help that with every kiss and cuddle you give me; I get lost deeper into you.

I wanted you, in a deep and almost desperate way. I sometimes hope you’re smart enough to understand the messages between the words, the pain that was hidden behind the smile, the stories that have shaped me to who I am. I hope you could be a part of my future, but I ain’t giving it out so easily. I don’t need you, but I want you. I won’t ask you to do the things I love; I won’t ask for your attention because I’m the girl who knows what’s my worth.

There is so much more I hope you can unknowingly discover about me, so much more I wanted to give you. But I’ll never give them so openly, I may want to, but I sure as hell won’t do it. I won’t run after you, but right now I’ll silently wait till the day you finally fall in love with me. I cannot guarantee how long I could wait for you, because I learned, the hardest way to miss someone is when they are right there not being what you need.

I hope you’re not the one that needs to lose something only to realize what you had. Because I always knew that there are more guys than ever out there who’s been waiting to give me the things I wish you have done.