The Weight of This Place

 

I need to leave. I desperately want to leave this place again. I thought this concept of leaving has toned down for the past 1 year, but for the past few weeks, I have been dreading and hating almost everything I see, and I just wish I could forget about this hurt and start over anew in a place where no one knows my name. The pain has been getting louder lately and it’s getting harder and harder to ignore.

I always knew it was going to be hard, to start everything over again, but I owe it to myself. I want to stay away from people I know my entire life, who claim that they love me yet criticize every single thing I do, who don’t care about people’s feelings. I might not succeed at the first try, but nothing makes me more like a failure than not being appreciated on what I’ve done my entire lives.  

At least I owe it to myself to get out of this place, I wouldn’t say I could find a place that loves me but at least I could be in a place that no longer hurts me. Right now, I still see two roads diverging ahead of me. One that I’d rather be on. And the one that I’m stuck on out of routine. I don’t know if it’s going to be the right decision, but I once checked with every single person that left and no one ever regretted that decision.

So I guess, I would rather live with an oops than a what ifs.