Love isn't scary

You’re not a noob, you’re just guarded. You have built walls, walls so high that you don’t even notice. You’ve used those walls as protection, as comfort and over the years those protection layers have become so thick to the point where you don’t even know what it would be like without them. You’ve been completely self-sufficient, fearless to live this life, completely fine eating alone in public. You’ve been your own superhero; little did you know that it has also become your own worst enemy.

I know you guard your own heart because it’s easier that way. It has become your guidance and protection from being hurt and feeling pain. But did you know that having the walls so high guarding the heart also lock you out from the chances of love. I’ve been there, shutting myself off to the idea of love because is safer this way, I felt like I am protecting myself. I knew I was my own problem; I knew I’m standing in my own way, but the problem is my walls were so high up I didn’t know how to let anyone in.

That’s why I know this feeling, just because you were guarded doesn’t mean you didn’t want love. It simply means that you need someone to come in and stay. You need someone who can help you break down the walls you’ve built, someone to remind you that love isn’t scary after all and that falling in love is the best thing we could experience as human.

I know part of you wishes you could just love out of convenience, to put yourself out there without any commitment. But you can’t be closed off and love, it just doesn’t work that way. I know it’s an awful battle inside your head, but that’s the beautiful part about healing. Healing is not relying in someone coming into your life to fix you because you know you don’t need fixing; you just need to work on letting your heart breathe. You need to put your heart on the line because it’s the only way you’ll ever get closer to finding love.

So, this is me speaking from experience, building walls take you nowhere but love takes you on new adventure and new places. This is my promise for new beginnings and to being open to love.