The Soul Has Its Own Language

Most people notice the light first. The laughter, the ambition, the confidence, the version of me that knows where she’s going and somehow always finds a way to get there. It’s an easy version to love. But recently, I met someone who made me feel a little… exposed.

Not because he asked too many questions, but because he seemed to hear the answers I never spoke. He looked beyond my words, beyond the smile, beyond the stories I carefully chose to tell. It was strange, almost unsettling, to realize someone could read the silence just as well as the conversation. For the first time, I felt seen beyond what I had achieved.

He didn’t seem interested in the version of me that everyone else applauds. Instead, he noticed the parts I usually keep tucked away; the little fears, the old wounds, the strength that was built because it had to be. Somehow, he understood that resilience isn’t something you’re born with. It’s usually something life leaves behind after it hurts you enough. Perhaps that’s what a soul recognizes before the mind does. Not perfection, but familiarity. Not the light we spend years learning to show the world, but the shadows we’ve spent even longer learning to hide.

I held back for a moment wandering if our deepest connections aren’t built by admiring each other’s brightest moments. They are built when someone gently says you don’t have to pretend with me. When your broken pieces aren’t treated as problems to solve, but chapters that explain how you became who you are. Maybe that’s the kind of love I’ve always hoped for. Not someone who falls in love with the light everyone can see. But someone who isn’t afraid to sit beside the dark, knowing that even there, beauty still exists.