One More Toxic Date

 

Souls are stubborn things. The mind can recognize the red flags, the heart can already know better, and the body can feel exhausted from repeating the same patterns. Yet somehow, beneath all that knowing, something still whispers, just one more time. I know better now. I know what it feels like to walk toward someone who is emotionally unavailable, to recognize the distance behind the closeness, the hesitation behind their words.

I know how quickly something that feels exciting can become something that leaves your questioning yourself. And still, there is a part of me that wants to believe that perhaps this time, it will be different. Maybe that is the toxic part of the soul; not that it wants to be hurt, but that it keeps believing there is something worth finding inside the places that have already shown you they cannot hold you.

The mind says, Don’t go. The heart says, You deserve better. The soul, terribly stubborn, quietly looks at the next possibility and whispers… one more toxic date. Just one more.