One.More.Time

The cinema was empty, wrapped in the quiet hum of the room and the soft flicker of the screen. There was something strangely comforting about sitting beside you in the darkness, close enough to feel your presence without need to say a word. Then you asked me to close my eyes. I felt your hand gently at my neck, and suddenly I became aware of everything; the warmth of your touch, the quiet of the room, the breath that lingered between us. Before I could open my eyes, your lips found mine, soft and almost hesitant, like you were discovering the shape of a moment neither of us had planned.

You pulled away just enough to look at me, and for that little second, the world seemed to hold its breath. There was something in your eyes that made me forget every reason I had been trying to be careful. Then you came closer again, as if the first kiss had left a sentence unfinished, and this time there was nothing hesitant about it. It was warmer, deeper, full of all the things neither of us seemed interested in putting into words.

And so, in the darkness of that almost-empty cinema, with your lips finding mine again, I remembered how easily a moment like this could make the world feel smaller. How warmth can quiet all the questions for a little while. How closeness can make you forget the distance you were supposed to keep. Maybe that’s the dangerous thing about you. Sometimes I don’t need to be convinced. Somewhere inside, I already know when something isn’t right. I know the mind will eventually remind me; the heart will eventually ask me to be careful.

But the soul is terribly stubborn. It remembers the warmth. It remembers the closeness; it remembers how it felt to be wanted. And when I know better, some reckless little part of me still whisper, one.more.time.