Life Without Google

A life without Google was harder than I thought. I was vacationing in China for a week, and the first thing that I realized when I got wifi back in the hotel was I can’t post anything on my Instagram. and I have always been an active Instagram user. I don’t accept followers on my Instagram cause I don’t want stalkers, and I can post all my vacation trip, private post with just peace of mind. I’m not vain, but I do have a few stalkers in my life, and I feel very unusual if they keep eyeing on me, and it’s not very nice to unfriend them, even though I already did it to a few extreme ones.

Back to the picture, I thought to myself, I can always survived without Instagram for a week, then slowly I realized Facebook and Twitter couldn’t be able to access either. Again, I do not actually need those as urgently, or they are not as central needs, I hardly even log on my Twitter account I think, I just log on to see quotes and forget about it. Google search engine not working was then a pain, but for a week I can live without it, as I already did most of the studies before I came to China, except I left all the notes on my office table.

As I ignored on the social networks and browsing webpage and continue to enjoy my holidays, since I spend most of the daylight outside with a fully pack schedule by the tour agency and a free and easy night in the night streets shopping and eating. At most I just occupy Skype to chat with my mum and continue Candy Crushing before bed time. I totally didn't feel the importance, I already felt the pain for the restriction of using Instagram, accessing Facebook and/or browsing the search engine, until that moment when I have a total change in my holiday plans.

Initially I planned my last three days of free and easy trip back to the places where the tour agency didn't bring us to, but we covered most of them after we cancelled all the tradition dance show where I fell asleep throughout them for 2 shows. It’s going to be a waste of time and money, and requested to replaced them to all the other tourist spot. We don’t find any reason or point to be back to this place again, though I would still like to do a bicycle ride to the rice terrace and all. That’s not important, the important thing here is, I need to study on the new place that we want to go! I need to know how much is the hotel or even how to get there!?

I was lucky enough that I booked the hotel through my Hotmail account instead of Google otherwise I wouldn't be able to cancel the booking. I couldn't log on to Google maps to know how far it’s to travel from my current destination to the new place. Little did I know that my whole life has been revolve around Google that I don’t even know what to do with my life when there’s no Google.

Google owns our Internet! Whether we like it or not, “Google” is almost synonymous with the Internet. Year after year, Google has developed enough online applications for us to be able to do anything we need, by only using Google; Gmail, YouTube, Instagram, Google Maps, Google Search Engine. I find myself in a mess! It seems almost impossible to work without Google, and worse of all, I actually felt very frustrated and lost without being able to access to Google. But there’s nothing I could do about it, except the tradition way of asking the local people to guide you to where and what you want to do.

Even though it’s not as hard as I thought, but I find that there’s actually still nice and kind people willing to help you out if you’re just willing to ask. I wouldn't want to know what’s life going to be without Google anymore, but throughout this week, I see how my life depends on Google, and a lil' too much to say.

Life without Google is harder than I thought.