Those wishes that never really got to you

I never texted you. I have erased your name from my phone. I have deleted you from every social media account. I cannot remember the last time we had a conversation – but that does not mean you have been scrubbed from my memories. I still think about you sometimes. I browse through old journals and unposted letters I wrote back then. I replay my favorite moments inside my head so I never forget them.

There are times when I am tempted to see how you are doing, to send a quick update, but I knew where our story goes, so I have to remind myself that just because I miss you doesn’t mean I am supposed to reach out to you. Some people are meant to remain in the past and you are one of them. Even though an impulsive part of me wants to ask you if you have been thinking about me too, I never have the courage to text you because there never was anything worthwhile to say.

All of the conversation I have with you inside my head and washing myself in the shower are unrealistic. I would never actually list out the ways you have ignored me; I would never be able to speak the words even though I kept practicing them in my head in case we run into each other. I already gave myself a closure for this story and I’ve already learned to live without it because I finally know that love stories never wrap themselves up easily in the real world, it always end up with a mess.

I know my heart deserve a second chance to feel again; but it just felt like I could never get over the fact that even after all these years I could never just be friends with you. And I am afraid that each time another person comes close to the heart I wouldn’t be willing to give it another try. I don’t think this life is going to have a Happily Ever After. I would only have a second, third or tenth chance to have my heart broken again and again. I would have to get over you all over again.

Even though I cannot get you off my mind, I don’t want you to know that. Just like how every year I always wanted to wish you a simple Happy Birthday, but never really getting the message across to you.

Unforgettable Memories
Happy Birthday, First Love | After All This Time, It’s Still You | Just So You Know, I Remembered Your Birthday | Triggered Memories on your Birthday | Your Birthday Remind Me that I Can Still Feel