Your Birthday Remind Me that I Can Still Feel

I woke up with an overwhelming sense of nostalgia because you showed up in my memories again. You were married, and had supported your wife in so many ways; I was visiting for the moment in my head, and on this particular night, my soul will search for you longing for a conversation. I no longer remember the exchange of words between us, but I would never be able to forget how I felt.

It was the same feeling I always wanted to find back in lives; the heightened emotions and the butterflies I had just for having a simple Good Morning. I laid there for a few minutes after my alarm went off, overcome by this familiar yet unwelcome feeling. Your presence in my head froze my body in place, disrupted me from my usual routine. It’s hard to believe that it’s been nearly 8 years since, and I have yet to find my way out to the light.

I wouldn’t say that you’ve shape me to who I was today, because it was me that never learned to move on when I’m supposed to. I never blame you for breaking me apart, for I still believe it was for the best of me, even if it means not having feeling ever again. I miss you, but I knew exactly that we are never going to be a perfect fit. I am just using you as an excuse to shield myself that I once had feelings over someone. I doubt that even if you never existed in my life, I wouldn’t be pushing everyone away.

The truth is I really moved on from you a long time ago, I just like being reminded what feelings look like once a year on your Birthday. Happy Birthday, old friend.

Unforgettable Memories
Happy Birthday, First Love | After All This Time, It’s Still You | Those Wishes that Never Really Got to You | Just So You Know, I Remembered Your Birthday | Triggered Memories on your Birthday