Just So You Know, I Remembered Your Birthday

I’m going to act like today is just another day, I’ll hide under the blanket telling myself the sun hadn’t rose before rushing to get myself ready for work. I will shower and dress up and act like today is just another day. But the truth is, it isn’t just another day to me. It’s the birthday of someone I never seem to get over from.

So today, I’ll start to text you Happy Birthday a million times, no matter how close I get to hitting the send button. My fingers will tremble each time I hit the home button from forcing myself not to hit the send button. You see, to actually reach out to you would throw away any progress I’ve made the past few years. I’ve tried to move on, but those feeling come back all at once on this day every year.

Don’t worry, I don’t think I’ll be able to open the door to you again, I don’t think I will be opening the door to anyone ever again. I will have to remind myself that it took every bit of strength I had to close the door the very first time, there is no way I’ll survive that a second time. I am sure I will spend the night wondering how happy you will be on this day and you’ll probably continue to appear in my dreams like you’ve did the last 6 years.

Regardless of what I actually do today, it doesn’t change the fact that today needs to be just another day but it really isn’t. So every year, I will wish you a Happy Birthday from a distance and hoping the message never get across to you.

Unforgettable Memories
Happy Birthday, First Love | After All This Time, It’s Still You | Those Wishes that Never Really Got to You | Triggered Memories on your Birthday | | Your Birthday Remind Me that I Can Still Feel