Triggered Memories on your Birthday

My fingers always want to know how you’re doing every October, it’s always hard this time of the year. Maybe it’s because he would showed up unexpectedly in my newsfeed. My heart would whisper to go have a glimpse on how he’s been doing throughout the year, to check out his social media just to remind myself that he’s never going to be mine, not in this lifetime.

I would curse so badly on myself that we promise not to look back ever again. But never really means until something appears on the feed or something that triggers back those memories I should have forgotten. This isn’t the first time it has happened and I doubt it would be the last. The thought always pops in my head so quickly and unexpectedly. I try to avoid all the conversations that would lead me back to darkness again.

But I intentionally had a glimpse this time because I wanted to remind myself on what love feels like. I want to remind myself how it feels like to anticipate on his text messages, to make plans with him, to lose the words with him because my mind just couldn’t think straight. The reason I look back is to tell myself to feel the way I once feel about someone. I know the temporary excitement is going to open up the wounds once again and I’d have to take all the effort to heal again.

In the moment, I just want to feel the rush of adrenaline or a small thrill I once feel over someone. I want to feel the sense of excitement that I haven’t felt in a long while. My conscious mind knows I should not be still bleeding over the chapter but since the memory was trigger, I am just going to wish you a simple Happy Birthday from a far distant, just like any other year.  

Unforgettable Memories
Happy Birthday, First Love | After All This Time, It’s Still You | Those Wishes that Never Really Got to You | Just So You Know, I Remembered Your Birthday | Your Birthday Remind Me that I Can Still Feel