On Endings (On New Beginnings)


The End. I know the story ended a decade back, but my heart never learned to move on from the story since. I knew somewhere in the middle that it was never about loving you anymore, it’s about shielding my heart to walk into love again, to not wake up in the middle of the night with a huge thump over my chest over a memory that I never wanted.  

So many people that fell in love with me along the journey has cursed you so much, they blame you that I am unable to accept a new relationship, but I had to say that even though my past relationships all ended abruptly, they met their new love sooner than they expect. As the cliché goes, With great ending, comes an even greater beginning! After all they found the new doorknob from the door I close upon them. And so, I am finally raising my glass to my endings. Because even though it ended, even though they ended, or that ended, it doesn’t mean it wasn’t worth it. It doesn’t mean that it wasn’t glorious or wonderful.

Recently I have had a burst of energy I haven’t had in a while. One second I’m enjoying through the day, the next minute, I’ve all the joy flooding over me, breathing everything in. Right now, I’m breathing in the hope for tomorrow. I’m exhaling my frustration, my stress, my anxiety. I’m releasing. And beginning again. All these years I get so caught up in what happened that I forget I always have a chance to start over. I get so coop up with the past, about people, about situations, about all the uncontrollable that I fail to remind myself of the power I have – to slow down, breathe, change my perspective, to begin again.

So as I’m finally taking the effort to close the chapter I should have done over the past decade, And before I do, I want to wish you a Happy Birthday for the very last time. Happy Birthday, old friend.     

Past Memories
Happy Birthday, First Love | After All This Time, It’s Still You | Those Wishes that Never Really Got to You | Just So You Know, I Remembered Your Birthday | Triggered Memories on your Birthday  | Your Birthday Remind Me That I Can Still Love